Understanding Wine: A Totally Approachable Guide to Wine 101
Registration Fee: $49.00
This online course promises to be both fun and enlightening for the novice and enthusiast; making the subject of wine more approachable in a relaxed atmosphere.
What you'll learn in this online course:
• The most common questions in the world of wine answered!
• Be wine confident - increase your confidence when picking wine in restaurants, markets, and for your next dinner party with my secret to reading wine labels
• Easy and insightful tips for delicious food and wine pairings - including food and wine wow moments!
• Learn how wine is made and how the environment impacts what's in your glass
• Learn how to order wine in a restaurant - how to look for great quality and value
Who this online course is for:
• People who want to learn more about wine. (No previous knowledge necessary)
• Beginners and intermediate wine drinkers who need a solid foundation to build upon.
• Those who get stressed out at the thought of having to buy wine for a dinner party.
• Professionals who want to feel at ease when dining with clients
• Those who work in hospitality looking to increase their overall professional experience.
• Individuals and small groups who want to take their food and wine experiences to the next level.
• People who've heard the terms "tannin", "balance", "oxidized" and "structured", and wondered what they meant.
Registration includes on-demand video, 16 downloadable resources, and a Certificate of Completion.
The course will be delivered 100% online through the Udemy platform and your instructor will contact you with instructions on accessing your course upon registration.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 49.00|
Susan ConnollyI've enjoyed many positions throughout my corporate wine career including sales, marketing, strategy, and management. I spent most of my formal career working for Empire Distributors in Atlanta, Georgia - a third-generation family-owned company with the backing of Berkshire Hathaway. Brands represented: Caymus, Banfi, Veuve Clicquot, Francis Ford Coppola, Louis Latour, Louis Roederer, Orin Swift, Opus One, Rodney Strong…
After leaving the corporate world, I worked exclusively with restaurants conducting staff seminars, revamping wine lists, and speaking at food and wine dinners.
Next, I began teaching in-person wine classes. I learned I could inspire students to gain the curiosity, enthusiasm, and confidence needed to uncover the subject of wine.
We thoroughly enjoyed Susan's class and style of teaching. Now we have knowledge about wine that we use on a regular basis. I highly recommend this class not only for the information one can learn but for the festive atmosphere Susan creates. It is definitely time well spent-Megan Wooten (Food & Wine and Wines around the World student - University of West Georgia) I look forward to bringing my casual style of teaching to online learning! I love hearing the perspectives of new people in wine class so reach out if you have a question or comment.
See you in class!