There are still openings remaining at this time.
To register, please visit: https://careertraining.ed2go.com/uwg/training-programs/veterinary-assistant/
To register, please visit: https://careertraining.ed2go.com/uwg/training-programs/veterinary-assistant/Do you love animals? Have you ever thought about a career as a veterinary assistant? This intensive course will provide the information you need to become a productive member of a veterinary team. The course is designed for people who want to work as veterinary assistants at veterinary hospitals and for those already employed in related positions. Upon completion of the course, you will also have the opportunity to gain access to an Externship Starter Kit.
Are you looking for veterinary assistant schools near you? The course covers all the requirements that hospitals and veterinarians' offices look for, and more! You'll learn about every aspect of veterinary assisting, including anatomy and physiology, animal restraint, laboratory sample collection, assisting in surgery and dentistry, prescription preparation, and taking radiographs.
You'll also learn how to interact professionally with clients and gain the expertise you need to educate them about key topics in pet care, such as nutrition, vaccinations, and administering medication. The course concludes with a lesson to prepare you for the job market, in which you'll see how to create an effective resume, advance your expertise, and develop strong interview skills. You will truly learn everything you need to know to be successful in your new career.
Disclaimer: To qualify for the externship applications process, students must successfully complete the online course content and have account balances up to date (at a minimum). Going through the externship application process does not guarantee an externship. COVID may be affecting the externship process or site availability in your area. Students can begin researching the steps of the application process 2 weeks prior to completing courses.
What you will learn
· The anatomy and physiology of the major organ systems.
· How to handle medical records and communicate with clients and coworkers.
· How to restrain animals for procedures, take vital signs, and bathe them.
· All about nutrition, vaccinations, and administering medication.
· How to assist during surgery and dental procedures.
· Preparation of prescriptions and taking blood samples and radiographs.
How you will benefit
· Upon passing this course, you will have the knowledge to be a valued team member in a veterinary hospital.
· You will be able to use your instructor as a professional reference.
· Assistance from our Externship Coordinator and access to our Externship Starter Kit.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Presenter||$2,145.00|